Fw: XSL macros stronger then XSLT

Subject: Fw: XSL macros stronger then XSLT
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:29:16 +0200
David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>according to sec 13 a variable can have value any type allowed in an
>XSLT expression. I think the idea is that instead of the old contents
>form you use a named parameter and then grab its value with
><xsl:copy-of select="$paramname" />

Hey, neat idea - Silly me, I never thought of using <xsl:copy-of> to get at
a variable containing a node set. Unfortunately, XT does not support this.
When I tried the following:

<xsl:template name="Wrapper">
    <xsl:element name="W">
        <xsl:copy-of select="$Content"/>
    </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="C">
    <xsl:call-template name="Wrapper">
        <xsl:param name="Content">
            <xsl:attribute name="B">b value</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:param>
    </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

I got the following error message:

    DID NOT EXPECT cannot convert to node-set

I hope this is just a problem in XT (the current version is clearly marked
as a beta, it is to be expected that there are some glitches). Well, that's
what beta testers are for :-)

Have fun,

    Oren Ben-Kiki