RE: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy

Subject: RE: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:50:29 +0100
Hi Simon.

To reduce the issue to its base issue, as you seem to be persuing the
arguement that information wants to be free, and merely as an example, not
making a personal dig (as I support making a living from ones investment,
time, money or otherwise)...

You're a writter.... do you expect to be paid for the data you produce? Or
are you planning on placing your books on the Net for free in XML format,
and looking for another way to support yourself.

Companies making money from the their data is not a bad thing, even though
it may be trendy at present to paint it as such. Likewise, categorising
data requires considerable investment. Investment that isn't going to be
made without a return. If you don't want categorised data don't pay for it.
My main driving point is that at the moment, you probably can't afford high
quality categorised data. Give the oppertunity to increase the scale of
delivery thereby reducing such data to an affordable level, and you might
see some of it spread around. At the moment, you wont.

Cheers

     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 04/28/99 10:21:20 PM