Architectural forms processing via XSL

Subject: Architectural forms processing via XSL
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:33:10 -0400
	I realize this question might sound too theoretical, but I was
thinking about whether it would be possible to create a HyTime architectural
engine in XSL. From the cursory reading I've done, it seems that one of the
big jobs of an architecture engine is the transformation of client instance
documents into architectural documents. Since XSL is about transforming XML
into XML, I wonder what the impediments are to writing a stylesheet that
does such transformations. I can think of a few, but I solicit your
contributions of "why this won't work" because I think that the areas which
such an exercise brings to light are areas in which XSL might need to be
extended. I realise that XSL is feature complete for now, but as with the
discussion of entities recently, it is important to keep track of where we
still have to try harder.
	Problems with architectural forms processing via XSL:
		How to reference the architectural DTD
		how to obtain and operate on PI pseudo-attributes and values

Cheers,
David vun Kannon
is unauthorized.