Re: XSLT: conditional output, or l10n issues

Subject: Re: XSLT: conditional output, or l10n issues
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:58:50 -0400 (EDT)
[Kay Michael]
> Technically xml:lang has to have a value which conforms to RFC 1766
> "tags for the identifcation of languages" (which I haven't
> read). But I expect most parsers would let you get away with "any"
> as a value. If not, you could always cheat, I expect there's a code
> for Esperanto that you could use to mean "any language".

<question lang="eo">Kie vi pensas ke tio estas unu bonan
ideon?</question>

<question lang="en">Why do you think that's a good idea?</question>

<aside lang="en">Surely you knew someone was going to do that, didn't
you?</aside>

RFC 1766 provides extension methods; if you don't want to use an ISO
639 language code, you can use i- and an IANA registered term, or x-
and anything you want.  IANA has "i-default" registered for "Default
Language Content", defined in RFC 2277; that sounds like a good one to
use for a default value.

-Chris