RE: How to put a value-of select into a variable.

Subject: RE: How to put a value-of select into a variable.
From: John Dunn <johnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:29:54 -0600
I was able to accomplish that with the following code:

  <xsl:template match="/Item">
      <xsl:eval>hextodec(attributes.getNamedItem( 'id' ).text)</xsl:eval>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:script>
    <![CDATA[
    function hextodec(item)
    {
      return parseInt( item, 16 );
    }
    ]]>
  </xsl:script>

when I have the following XML object

<Item id='0x23' />

I am pretty sure that <xsl:eval> is Microsoft Parser Specific, and probably
would choke any other parser. If anyone has a better method than this, let
me know - this was done using the time-honored 'guess and check' method of
programming.
--
John Dunn
Peak Audio, Inc.