jumps (gotos....) in xslt

Subject: jumps (gotos....) in xslt
From: "Smith BC (Brian) at MSXSSC" <BS185791@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 07:40:28 -0500
I have been using the XSL:choose for a while now and I find that I have
some complex nesting going on.   In some situations I would dearly
love to have a goto ID where the ID is used to identifier a jump point
with the XSL file (not the XML source).  I am aware that goto's are
usually not good form.  However, the classic "if error goto end" is
an example of where the goto is usually approved of, and I need it
for something similiar.

Has anyone else been frustrated with complex nesting within XSLT?
If so, are there any options?  I have switched to an XSLT processor
so I can now use call-templates.  This helps improves clarity a great
deal, but it does not address the root of the problem.

Brian Smith
Shell Services International