Re: XSLT vs JSP

Subject: Re: XSLT vs JSP
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 11:22:50 +0800

Scott Ferguson wrote:
> That's a silly thing to worry about, like saying that Lisp is better than
> because it uses '(' instead of '{', or that CSS is bad solely because it
> doesn't use '<'.  Besides, JSP 1.0 has an XML encoding.

I don't think it's silly at all and nothing like the analogies you give. My
concern was that JSPs go 95% of the way towards being XML (with the benefits
that brings) and then ruin any chance of that by using their own non-XML
syntax extension.
But if JSP has an XML encoding (of which I was not aware) then it makes me
feel much better about it.

James