Relative URLs in XT and LotusXSL

Subject: Relative URLs in XT and LotusXSL
From: "Adrian Boyko" <Adrian_Boyko@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:34:28 -0700

I'm confused by the treatment of relative URLs in both XT and LotusXSL.
I'm making heavy use of xsl:import in my stylesheets, and have been using
relative URLs in import's href attribute.  E.g. <xsl:import
href="common.xsl"/>.  Given this pretty straight-forward relative URL, I
get the following strange when processors try to process it:

1: When I process these stylesheets using xt.exe, the relative URL is
resolved as expected.  It's resolved w.r.t. the URL of the importing
stylesheet.

2: When I use LotusXSL at the command line, the relative URL is resolved
w.r.t. the current working directory.

3: When I (more or less) cut-and-paste the contents of XT's Driver.main()
into my own servlet, I get a MalformedURLException with message "no
protocol".

Why am I seeing so many different results for resolution of relative URLs?
Any ideas?

Adrian Boyko