RE: attribute value templates & javascript entities, etc

Subject: RE: attribute value templates & javascript entities, etc
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:37:54 +0100
> >> If I understand the question correctly, the answer is:
>
> >> <BODY BACKGROUND="&amp;{{backgroundUrl}}" ...>>

> I have tried that, but I get the following HTML:
>
> <BODY background="&amp;{background};" ...>

Yes, sorry, you're right.

The syntax you're trying to generate isn't well-formed XML and therefore XSL
doesn't want to generate it.

There are various work-arounds in SAXON for generating non-well-formed XML
(or should I say, non-XML) - for example it can handle "<%" and "%>" - but
nothing that specifically handles this, other than making the whole output
file "text" in which case you won't get any character escaping at all.

I think the only remedy is to generate something in place of the ampersand,
e.g. ##AMPERSAND##, and then post-process the output file..

I'll think about it for a future version.

Mike