Does XSLT need min() & max()?

Subject: Does XSLT need min() & max()?
From: "Anthony B. Coates" <abcoates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 21:55:13 AET
I've been trying to use XSL to format some XML data, and then to tranform it
into another view.  The problem is essentially that I have columns of different
lengths, and need to work out the maximum column size required for the second
view.

I can't seem to achieve this at the moment (using LotusXSL 0.17.1).  If you
could set variable values more than once (as apparently in SAXON), you could
work out the maximum in a loop and store it for use outside of the loop.

Now, what I want would be well served by a max() function, but feature-bloat is
the issue, I guess.  Any recommendations?  Does XSL need max() & min(), or does
it need <xsl:set-variable .../>, or should I just be calling out to some
JavaScript from inside LotusXSL?  I would be grateful for any tips.

	Cheers,
			Tony.

** Anthony B. Coates
** Software Engineer (Java).  This is a 100% Pure Java e-mail.
** <mailto:abcoates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>