[no subject]

From: mestdagh@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:55:22 -0600

Hi,
I'm attemping to grab the value of an attribute and stuff it into a embed/src
statement to display
in IE5 but haven't figured a way to make it happen. I've searched in the archive
and read
that xsl:variable isn't supported in IE5. I tried anyway to no avail. My last
attempt is using the
{} syntax for value-of which didn't give me an error but didn't display my cgm
files. The cgm
does display if I put it directly in the src, like src="123.cgm", so I know the
embed is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this budding novice.

Here's the XML snip:
<graphic BOARDNO="00018.cgm"></graphic>

Here's the XSL snip:
  <xsl:template match="graphic">
    <embed type="application/x-isoview" src={@BOARDNO} border="1" width="400"
height="300" view="Start"/>
    <!--
^^^^^ problem ^^^   -->
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:template>

have a good day,
steve

motd:  "One of the surest signs that life exists in outer space is that none of
it has tried to contact us yet."
- Normandy Alden
ph:       303.924.1522
mail:    mestdagh@xxxxxxxxxx