Re: XSL-WG solicits comments on FO Draft (REMINDER)

Subject: Re: XSL-WG solicits comments on FO Draft (REMINDER)
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:55:37 +0000 (GMT)
Stephen Deach writes:
 > The XSL-WG will be holding meetings shortly to resolve open issues with the
 > draft. Your comments would be most helpful.

what annoys me most when I am reading the spec and trying to implement
something is that I come up against eg "See
http://wwww.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.htm#propdef-color"; all the
time. I appreciate that CSS and XSL are linked together, but could you
not *textually* include the CSS stuff in a printable version of the
spec? Surely we have the technology? Am I simply Neanderthal in
working with a printed copy of the spec open on my desk next to me?

I realize its very premature, but the document *could* be made a lot
more readable, if a book designer got their hands on it. Currently it
looks as if it was designed and formatted by a computer :-}

For instance, how about a typographical distinction for fo: names in
running text?

I'd certainly like to see more use of tables. Consider section 5.9.1.1
- wouldnt that be better expressed as table?

Sebastian