fo:block - why no 'id' attribute

Subject: fo:block - why no 'id' attribute
From: "Hadar, Oren" <ohadar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:01:34 -0400
Hello,

In the April draft XSL spec, fo:block seems to be the only formatting object
with no 'id' attribute.  Is this an oversight?

My problem is that I would like to make TOC entries with
fo:page-number-citations, and the 'ref-id' property of the citation needs to
point to the 'id' of the formatting object cited.  But if I cite an
fo:block, I can't do it because it has no 'id' property. I need to cite an
fo:block in about 90% of the cases - for example, if each <Chapter> element
merits a TOC entry, and the style rule for <Chapter> elements generates an
fo:block.  Or am I doing this wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.

					--O