Chapter 14 of the XML Bible now online

Subject: Chapter 14 of the XML Bible now online
From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 06:44:41 -0400
I've posted an updated version of Chapter 14, XSL Transformations, of my
next book, the XML Bible on my Web site at
http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/updates/14.html

This is actually an updated version of what will be in the printed book
next month. This covers the July 9, 1999 working draft whereas the book
itself will only be up to date with the April 21 working draft. (IDG was
unwilling to let the publication date slip in order to accomodate the
latest working draft, and chose to ship an out of date book over my
protests.)

I'd appreciate comments from anyone who's got the time to look it over
before I make a broader announcement. I'm especially interested if anyone
notices any mistakes in my interpretation of the latest draft. I'm working
more or less from spec here, since none of the transformation tools like
LotusXSL or XT have yet been updated to support the latest working draft.
Once they do, I'll be able to actually try out a lot of the new examples.
I'd also appreciate hearing of any problems with the HTML, should you
notice any.  This was mostly produced by Word's Save As HTML feature, which
is less than ideal, but was the quickest way to get the updated text out.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Writer/Programmer |
|               Java I/O (O'Reilly & Associates, 1999)               |
|            http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/books/javaio/            |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1565924851/cafeaulaitA/   |