Re: Multiple Result Trees

Subject: Re: Multiple Result Trees
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:33:05 -0400
 Mike and James,

I don't think that I've been clear or I simply don't understand the issues at
work, but your ideas do not seem parallel to my idea. I see chunking as breaking
down *a* result tree. My stylesheet actually created two virtual result trees -
two different copies of the same content. Is that not what multiple result trees
are all about? Multiple result trees are useful to me because I've started
publishing documents on my website (and other places) in both HTML and XML, but
from the same source (RTF too but that is with Jade). Am I missing something
here, or are these ideas really quite different.

Thanks for the help.

Richard.

Richard Lander
relander at uwaterloo.ca