Re: <!DOCTYPE ...> problem

Subject: Re: <!DOCTYPE ...> problem
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:54:01 -0400
> > The first line is no problem (<xsl:pi  name="xml">version="1.0"</xsl:pi>)
>
> actually it _should_ be a problem as the xml declaration isn't a pi
> (according to the xml spec) and pi target names are not allowed to start
> with `xml' (production  17 of the XML spec).

Although, it certainly is nice that it does work, so that we can declare the
nature of XML documents. I am surprised that there isn't some formal XSLT
structure or even a workaround, outside of the non-xml namespace, for producing
XML or document type declarations. They seem rather important to me.

Richard