Re: Java Extension Functions and XT

Subject: Re: Java Extension Functions and XT
From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:25:59 -0400
Switching to <xsl:variable name="seed" select="logon:seed()"/> does indeed
work.  So if I understand correctly, when I used <xsl:variable
name="seed"><xsl:value-of select="string(logon:seed())"/></xsl:variable> I
created a text macro that was then evaluated on each use. Repeatedly
inserting and evaluating a text macro caused the function to be called
repeatedly which in my case caused the value to change.

So if my explanation is right, Saxon should work the same as XT. My problem
was in understanding how to use xsl:variable instead of anything to do with
extension functions. It was the use of the function that allowed me to
detect the difference between  a single evaluation and a macro expansion.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx