What's the correct DTD for XSL?

Subject: What's the correct DTD for XSL?
From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:51:10 -0400
Here's some correspondence pertaining to what I thought was an error in the
XSLT spec:

In response, Stephen Deach wrote:

> Thank you for your comments.
>   Actually, the example is correct. The font-weight property is inherited,
> thus can be attached to any fo above fo:block or fo:character (which use
> the property).
>   We have gotten a number of requests to clarify/correct the DTD. We used
> the DTD to identify where properties are USED, not where thay maybe
> assigned. The common uses of DTDs do the latter, so we will fix this in the
> next draft.
>
> ---SDeach
>    Editor - XSL (Formatting) Specification

That raises the question: what is the correct DTD for XSL?  Would it explicitly
include all the attributes of an <fo:block> in an <fo:inline-sequence> (plus a
great multitude of similarly situated attributes)?  Or is the question of
validating an XSLT stylesheet as an XML document simply uninteresting to most
members of this community?

Paul Abrahams