How to call a href?

Subject: How to call a href?
From: Kara Lee <KaraL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:04:10 -0700
Title: How to call a href?

I'm having a problem building a link.  I need to embed a URL in the XML file and call that URL in the XSL.   I will also be using a function I have that will encode any characters in the URL that might be misinterpreted by a browser, but I didn't do that here for readability.

Example XML:
<Author><a href="" href="http://data/dev/?Query=Author%3AKaste+M&Path=" TARGET="_blank">http://data/dev/?Query=Author%3AKaste+M&Path=">Kaste&#32;M">
Kaste M
</a></Author>

Here's what I've tried:
<xsl:template match="a" xml:space="preserve">
           <A class="hop" href="" @href" onclick="return false" >

              <xsl:value-of select="textNode()"/>
           </A>
</xsl:template>

Then I have an onclick object but I don't know what to do with it.  Right now it just brings up 'xsl:value-of @href'.  But I cant put the URL in there because it changes with each element ( Author, title, etc...).

I think need to pass the URL and the node name and the text node to an ASP page that will then perform a new query with that path, but I don't know how to do that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Kara

Kara Lee