Re: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl.................> question

Subject: Re: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl.................> question
From: Keith Visco <kvisco@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 11:44:45 -0400
Minita,

XSL processor does not retrieve anything. The URI is a "well-known" URI
indicating that all elements/attributes prefixed with the declared
namespace prefix are associated with the XSLT namespace.

I imagine URIs are used for their uniqueness, and allow some indication
of which governing body created the namespace being used. If we just
used names like "xslt" we could have name collision, but by specifying
as a URI we not only guarantee uniqueness, but also gain information as
to domain of the namespace.

The URI does not have to be a working URL. Since it is never followed.

--Keith