Weird IE5 behaviour

Subject: Weird IE5 behaviour
From: Senthil Vaiyapuri <senthil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:49:14 -0700
  Howdy,

	I construct a XML document from a perl script and
	pass it back onto the IE5 browser with a
	error saying:

	"Invalid at the top of the document, line 65, position 11".
	line 65, position 11 points to the last character in the
	root tag.  In my case </invoice>.

	But if I save the same XML file onto a file system file
	and read it back to the browser from another script,
	it shows up fine..  (the XML source is the same)
	Have anybody experienced this problem..
	If so, could you please let me know the problem/workarounds..

	The webserver I am using is apache 1.3.

	Thanks much..
	-senthil