xsl:attribute-set and xsl:use-attribute-sets

Subject: xsl:attribute-set and xsl:use-attribute-sets
From: "Larry Mason" <Larry_Mason@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:11:57 -0500

Can anyone find the flaw in the code below?  I can't seem to get the attribute
set to work at all.  As you can see I'm trying several combinations but none
work.
Also, how complicated can the setting of the actual attributes be?  For example,
if I wanted to set the BGCOLOR based on position of the 'row', can I simply put
that logic within the definition of the attributes or must attribute values
inside a set be constant?  I used to do this in a named template but I think
this approach is cleaner (once it works !).  I'm using XT versions April and
August if that matters.
Thanks in advance,
Larry Mason
i2 Technologies

XML
<data>
<row>
<column>1</column>
<column>2</column>
<column>3</column>
</row>
<row>
<column>4</column>
<column>5</column>
<column>6</column>
</row>
</data>

XSL
<xsl:stylesheet
  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";
  xmlns:"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";
  result-ns="">

<xsl:attribute-set name="tablerow">
  <xsl:attribute name="bgcolor">red</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<xsl:template match="data">
  <xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="row">
  <TR xsl:use-attribute-sets="tablerow">
  <TR use-attribute-sets="tablerow">
  <xsl:element name="TR" xsl:use-attribute-sets="tablerow">
  <xsl:element name="TR" use-attribute-sets="tablerow">
  <xsl:apply-templates>
  </xsl:element>
  </xsl:element>
  </TR>
  </TR>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="column">
    cell #<xsl:value-of select="position()"/>=<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

RESULT
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<TR use-attribute-sets="tablerow">
<TR use-attribute-sets="tablerow">
<TR>
<TR>