Generating TOCs or overviews?

Subject: Generating TOCs or overviews?
From: Kai.Grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Kai Großjohann)
Date: 27 Aug 1999 16:06:06 +0200
We have a bunch of XML files, each describing a project.  The files
are converted to HTML with XT and then shown to the user.  We would
now like to automatically generate an overview of all projects,
including links to the project.  (The overview would contain the
project title and a short description, say, plus a link to the
complete file.)

How does one conventionally go about this?

We concat all files, surround them with a start and end tag (to make
it valid XML), and then we could use an XSL script to only emit the
interesting parts.

But somehow, this doesn't seem to be the right way.  But maybe it is
the right way?  How should this be done?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.