Re: importing text-source in a xsl-stylesheet

Subject: Re: importing text-source in a xsl-stylesheet
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:50:06 +0100 (BST)
> Now I want to include a certain header (lika a javascript-block) in
> each of them (lets call it header.xsl).

You can do the following:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY header SYSTEM "header.txt">
]>

<xsl:stylesheet
  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";
  result-ns="">

<xsl:template match="foo">
&header;
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

however note that

1) If your xsl engine uses a validating parser on the XSL file, you need
   to add a SYSTEM entry to that DOCTYPE pointing at a a DTD that
   matches the stylesheet you are using.

2) The header `text' file is still parsed as XML, so you still need to
   be careful of quoting < and &.

3) This is using general XML features rather than an XSL include
   mechanism, it is probably easier to put your header into a named
   template in an xsl file and then use the XSL import mechanism to
   include this into your stylesheets, then just access the header by
   calling the named template.

David