DOM object to input source for XT and SAXON : reaults report

Subject: DOM object to input source for XT and SAXON : reaults report
From: Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:38:28 +0200
I'm experimenting strange behaviours while injecting DOM object to XSL
Processor :
With both processor (XT and Saxon ), two methods are used to perform
the XSL processing :
        - Method 1 - DOM object is (kind of) 'serialized' into byte[]
to  build an InputSource.
        - Method 2 - the DOMParser (from John Cowan) is used and
regitered as is in the XSLProcessor.

For the details on implementation, see previous discussions around the
same subject in this list.

Results are as follows :
--------------------------------------
! Method #           ! XT    ! SAXON !
! Serializing method ! 160ms ! 350ms !
! DOMParser          ! 250ms ! 290ms !

The absolute time isn't important, what's significant is the relative
performance : XT and SAXON don't even follow the same logic... I
really don't understand.

I'm ready to share the source if someone want it.

Sebastien

XSL