Re: flex/bison based xpath parser

Subject: Re: flex/bison based xpath parser
From: zun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 06:14:04 -0400 (EWT)
Hi Francis, everyone,

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Francis Norton wrote:

> I've been writing batch files to try to do xpath viewing (which I really
> need to help analyse large large and rapidly changing XML dump I'm
> formatting) but getting stymied by XSLT's refusal to permit
> paramterisation of select attributes - I even tried external entities!

Have you tried using a stylesheet to generate stylesheets?  Failing that,
another mechanism would work (under Unix, shell substitution for example).

> So if you need a user I'd be interested - I have some java experience
> but haven't yet tried XSLT from inside java - I've been doing pure XSLT
> in batch.

Thanks for your interest.  I'll be sure to let you know when I release it
next week.  Right now I have the grammar implemented but no functions or
node selection operations as yet.  If you'd like to start testing it when
the node operations are done let me know off-list and I'll send you an
advance copy.

. .  Sean.