RE: how to strip white space in text node?

Subject: RE: how to strip white space in text node?
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:03:17 -0600
> The following xsl doesn't strip white space in text element,
> [...]
> <xsl:strip-space elements="*|text()"/>

The value of the elements attribute cannot be a full XPath expression, as it
could select other kinds of nodes besides elements. According to the working
draft, it has to be a whitespace-separated list of XPath wildcards, which
can be any of the following, if I read the BNF notation right:
	anElementName
	aPrefix:anElementName
	*
	aPrefix:*

It doesn't actually say, but I would assume * means all element names.
(local-names, that is).

It will work if you use <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>