Re: Can XSL transform XML to RTF?

Subject: Re: Can XSL transform XML to RTF?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:43:04 +0100 (BST)
sotiris@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

 > Can I write XSL which transforms an XML tree to RTF?

depends how well you know RTF, I'd say. Now that XSL has allows
plain text output (ie you are not longer constrained to write
valid XML), you can write out the Microsoft gobbledygook easily.

 > For starters I want to manage font type, size and
 > paragraph indents.
 > Can this be done using XSL?  Can someone provide
 > a simple example?

generate a trivial document doing what you want in Word. save as
RTF. examine the result. replace wet towel around head, and take pill
for splitting headache. cut up RTF and paste into output portion of
your XSL stylesheets. run XSL engine. load result into
Word. scream. repeat process until barely human.

just guessing :-}

Sebastian