RE: Combine Java and XSL: to put content on the clipboard

Subject: RE: Combine Java and XSL: to put content on the clipboard
From: Peter-Paul Koch <ppk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:09:55 +0200
>suppose you can solv it with DHTML and you need eventuelly Javascript.
>
>Look in DHTML-doku.
>
>>Does someone know how  XSL ( and/or Java?) coding should be to get
something on the windows-clipboard when I click on an XML element? Let's
say the we have the following XML:

>>.... use tool <TOOL TYPE="torque wrench" NUMBER="K56"/> and turn ......
>>
>>When the user points and clicks on the element TOOL, both attributes must
go to the windows clipboard for another application to pickup.

No, JavaScript can't do this in any way because it only has access to
elements in an HTML page (or XML file) and nothing outside it.

I just asked about Java and a Java 1.1 applet can indeed do what you want

ppk