Re: Using CDATA but still "<" is inserted ???

Subject: Re: Using CDATA but still "<" is inserted ???
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:51:22 +0100 (BST)

> I can't figure out why I get the following:
because that's what you asked for.

there is _no_ difference in XML between
<![CDATA[<a href]]>
and
&lt;a href

So the `value-of' that you quote is equivalent to your input, as you
would expect.

they are both equivalent ways of entering the 7 characters <a href in a
way that ensures they are not taken as the a element and href attribute.

If you want this to be an a element not just the literal characters <a
why did you quote the original with a CDATA section in your input XML?

It is possible to recognise the quoted string in XSL and generate an
element but before going that route can you not just remove the
offending CDATA section?

David