xsl: how to select slice of tree regarding the node position

Subject: xsl: how to select slice of tree regarding the node position
From: pietro abate <pietro.abate@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:16:39 +0200
Hi,
I've a tree like

 |---B
 |---B |---D
 |---C-|---D
A|---B    (1)
 |---C-|---D

and I would like to trasform in a tree like
       |---B
 |---H-|---B

 |---H-|---newC

 |     |---D
A|---H-|---D
 |     |---newC

 |---H-|---B

 |---H-|---newC

 |---H-|---D
       |---newC
In other words I want ot group the B, and split the C, but in accord
with the position in the original tree;
So I don't know how to select, for example, the B(1) because it's a B
and because it's between two C.If I try to make a template to select
all the B I lose the information about the position, an if I try to
select all the C I lose the possibility of group _all_ the previous B.
I succeded with a little recursive perl (XML::DOM) program, but I would
like to do this in xsl.

Suggestion ?

pietro