Re: XML/XSL unixish transform?

Subject: Re: XML/XSL unixish transform?
From: zun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:30:50 -0400 (EWT)
Hi Bill, Sebastian, everyone,

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Bill Pollock writes:
>  > Given the volume of stuff we need to push through here, we need to zip
>  > content through fairly quickly.  I don't need a very robust set of XSL/T
>  > tags yet, just enough to run fairly simple transforms.
>  >
>  > It sounds like what I need is a fast command line XML/XSL transformer for
>  > UNIX (which also sounds non-java for the "fast" part).  Am I correct, and
>  > if so, anybody know of a good one?
>
> How fast is "fairly quickly"? How big are the documents? How complex
> is the transform? I would not rule out the XSL/java ones at first
> sight.

Ditto... What you might want to do is rather than have the pipeline occur
through Unix pipes send everything through the TCP/IP network.  Have the
Java XSLT processor stay up as a server and this will cut down on the
overhead of starting up the JVM.  Also this would give you scalability
advantages if you really need to move lots of data.

. . . Sean.