RE: Question about xpath

Subject: RE: Question about xpath
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:41:21 -0600
> > I was suggesting that he couldn't assign the CDATA
> > 'stock/name' to a string variable and then use that
> > variable as a step in a location pattern.
> > Is that incorrect?
>
> No, it's correct. I just didn't follow why you were
> saying this case was special.

The original poster's use of 'stock/name' for one of the columns made it
appear that they intended to use that string as a location, rather than as
part of a node test. It would not work either way, although I suppose they
could experiment with string functions to use 'stock' and 'name' separately
in node tests.

Re: valid variable names, my officemate suggested that a good
on-one's-way-out-the-door prank would be to rename all variables in Morse
Code. <xsl:variable
select="foo"/>