Re: foo ... bar Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format

Subject: Re: foo ... bar Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:15:43 +1000
At 22:20 10/10/1999 , Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:

I agree. There are many other publishing systems other than
Microsoft Word and they can do many things. For example, there
are some packages  which  allow you to create a very beautiful
layouts. I agree  - MS Word may be less powerful than a 'typical
day-to-day formatter' ( even I still don't  understand  what is
'typical day-to-day formatter', because nobody was presize enough
to name it ( for example ... I guess .. TeX ? Oh... sorry... I'm guessing
again.. ).

Typical day-to-day formatters:

Quark Express
Adobe Pagemaker