Re: foo ... bar Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format

Subject: Re: foo ... bar Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:21:12 -0400 (EST)
At 11 Oct 1999 11:21 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
 > a future.  I have no problem with a list of XSL FO features being
 > delayed until version 2.0, if a) the list is formally presented and
 > explained, and b) we had any idea of timetables.

It isn't all that formally presented or explained, and it explicitly
doesn't include a timetable, but the XSL Requirements Summary
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-XSLReq) includes:

Dictionary-style headers

   Support for headers or footers whose content changes depending on
   the placement of page breaks (in print media). For example, in an
   English dictionary, the page header generally contains the first
   and last words defined on that page.

Headers/footers

   Basic running headers and footers (changing on chapter boundaries,
   page numbers, etc.)

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632