XSL FO: running head on first page of sequence

Subject: XSL FO: running head on first page of sequence
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:13:09 +0100
I think I have reached a dead end. What I want to achieve is a
different running head for the first page of a page-sequence. So on
the first page of a chapter, there is no running head, but thereafter
it is the chapter name.

But <fo:static-content> can only occur _inside_ a page-sequence, without
(so far as I can see) any way of specifying that it should apply only
for a particular page-master.

Can I simply (as a limited answer), omit the region-after? ie
instead of

     <fo:simple-page-master page-master-name="first">
        <fo:region-body />
        <fo:region-after/>
        <fo:region-before/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

if I say

     <fo:simple-page-master page-master-name="first">
        <fo:region-body />
        <fo:region-after/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

does that mean that region-before is not to be produced?

Yes, I realize that this relates to the earlier discussion of how to
do variable headers, but perhaps I have missed something obvious which
allows the cruder problem to be solved?

Sebastian