Re: XSL Syntax

Subject: Re: XSL Syntax
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:31:49 +0100 (BST)
> what's the "priority"?

Searching for `priority' in the PR will lead to

  5.5 Conflict Resolution for Template Rules

Only one template is fired for a given node, so if two templates match
the same node eg match="*" match="foo" match="xxx/foo[@id]" all might
match an element called foo, then the one with highest priority wins.

There is a default priority system (xxx/foo[@id] has the highest
priority in the examples I just gave) so normally now you rarely need to
give explict priority numbers. The exact algorithm for default priority
changed several times between working drafts, and in some earlier
versions you often needed to do this.

> - mode's clear by inference only

modes are explained in the section called:

5.7 Modes

> Could someone please point me to a guide for XSL syntax?  I've dug through
> the working draft

Make sure you are looking at the current version (which is PR now, not
WD) available from here:    http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/PR-xslt-19991008

David