Re: Transform an element name to a text value

Subject: Re: Transform an element name to a text value
From: "Larry Mason" <Larry_Mason@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:53:37 -0500

It would help to see the XML and/or XSL you have so  far.
In the meanwhile, try <xsl:value-of select="name(.)"/> to get access to the
name.

Larry

"Dale Asberry" <rdasberry@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 10/19/99 03:35:43 PM

Please respond to xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Larry Mason/Dallas/US/i2Tech)
Subject:  Transform an element name to a text value

I'm working with a generic XSLT that detects errors found in data values in
an XML document.  What I want to do is log which element had the error and
the value that was erroneous.  The best I've been able to do is get the
element tag using <xsl:copy> and the value using <xsl:value-of select=".">

The output looks like this:
<P>Error: <Product/>=Coat<P>
or
<P>Error: <Product>=Coat</Product><P>

What I want is this:
<P>Error: Product=Coat<P>

I can't seem to find what I need from the specs.  Any ideas?