Re: Need an advice about XSLT

Subject: Re: Need an advice about XSLT
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:06:28 +0200
Hi Olivier,

> But I read also that XSLT was used
> to transform the structure of an XML document
> into another XML document.

Yes, this is the primary goal of XSLT.
Now, XSLT as also been extended to generate HTML (true HTML, without

> Does the key reside in the fact that an HTML
> or WML document is just an XML document with a
> particular dtd ?

You can select the format through <xsl:output > (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xslt#output)

> Do I need to create as many XSLT sheets as
> there are different devices ?

Yes and no.
You can have different style sheets selecting different output and
including a common style sheet with all your core logic.

> I'm so new to XML, I read a lot of documents,
> but I feel still confused, so if you can
> bring me some advice, I would be grateful.
> Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Eric