copying attributes

Subject: copying attributes
From: "Benjamin Corliss" <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:19:28 -0800
I have recently switched to LotusXSL from XT. I have a template that deep copies an element that worked fine in XT, but with LotusXSL, it appears that the attribute names are not coming through correctly.

For example, the template fragment:

===========================
<xsl:for-each select="/product-data/n-way-data">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()|text()"></xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:for-each>
===========================
my identity template:
===========================
 <xsl:template match="*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()|text()|node()" priority="-1">
  <xsl:copy>
   <xsl:apply-templates select="*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()|text()|node()"></xsl:apply-templates>
  </xsl:copy>
 </xsl:template>

This copies everything correctly except for the attributes.
For example, it transforms:

<histogram misc="0" name="load-times" type="int">

into:

<histogram>0load-timesint

It seems to be missing the attribute names and inserting the attribute values as text nodes.

I have scanned the archives and all the usual suspects for answers, but have found no solution to this problem (other than to find that children and attributes are not automatically copied with xsl:copy).

I would be thankful to a pointer to any solution source,

Benjamin