Re: New XT release

Subject: Re: New XT release
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 10:25:19 +0100
Hi James,

I have a couple of questions about the already much discussed
restrictions on "11.1 Result Tree Fragments" :=)

Using the August release of XT, I have noticed that these restrictions
do not seem to apply when you use the document XPath function...

If you assign the content of a document to a variable :
  <xsl:variable name="tarifdef" select="document('tarif.xml')/tarif"/>

you can then use it without the restrictions on the tree fragments...

  <xsl:for-each select="$tarifdef/marque[position() &lt;= $gauche]">
    <xsl:call-template name="marque">
      <xsl:with-param name="taxe" select="$taxe"/>
      <xsl:with-param name="language" select="$language"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:for-each>

will work as expected.

Is it "normal" and something on which we can rely ?

My second question is about your sentence :

> There is no support for
> using the DOM for the result tree. This would be relatively easy to do,
> but I don't know whether it's useful enough to be worthwhile.

Using DOM for the result tree, wouldn't it be possible and relatively
easy to handle a result tree fragment as a node set ?

Thanks

Eric