Re: vendor neutral XSL extension namespace ?

Subject: Re: vendor neutral XSL extension namespace ?
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 10:19:37 -0600
I would suggest that there arguing about the different extensions is
probably not the best way to proceed. I say put everything anyone comes
up with in one namespace and let individual software developers choose
which to suggest.

In other words the goal should not be to make XSL 2 "on the side." It
should be to establish a common namespace for experimentation so that
multiple vendors can implement the same experiment without needing to
use someone else's namespace.

I think that all we need are

 a) a registry
 b) name clash management

"Some of Disney's older properties, such as Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh,
and Alice in Wonderland, came out of books. But the authors' names are
rarely if ever mentioned, and you can't buy the original books at the
Disney store. If you could, they would all seem old and queer, like very
bad knockoffs of the purer, more authentic Disney versions."
	- http://www.cryptonomicon.com/beginning.html