Re: Sorting and position

Subject: Re: Sorting and position
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:31:05 GMT
Mike Kay claiming to be Patrick Cauldwell writes:

> The question I have is how to I sort a node-list, then take only part of it.
> Say for example I have:

I don't think this is really possible in any sane way in a single pass
given non numeric sort keys as in your example. You could do it with
numeric sort keys by ignoring xsl:sort and doing the sorting by hand
with &gt; but that doesn't do lexicographic sorting (probably due to
internationalisation issues). You can write a stylesheet to produce the
sorted order and then a second sheet that reads the sorted list as
input and selects the first two elements.

David