RE: going crazy

Subject: RE: going crazy
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:57:55 -0000
> Weird Behavior:
Possibly non-intuitive, but probably correct.

> count( (//BADUSERS/BADUSER)[2] ) returns 1
This finds all the //BADUSERS/BADUSER elements, then finds the second of
them, then counts how many are left. The result will be 1 if there are two
or more //BADUSERS/BADUSER elements, else 0.

> count( (//BADUSERS/BADUSER)[2]/* ) returns nothing
I'm not sure what you mean by "nothing", it should always return a number,
specifically the number of child elements that the second //BADUSERS/BADUSER
has.

> count( //BADUSERS/BADUSER[2] ) returns 0
This counts the number of BADUSER elements that are the second BADUSER child
of a BADUSERS element.

> count( //BADUSERS/BADUSER[1] ) returns 3
This counts the number of BADUSER elements that are the first BADUSER child
of a BADUSERS element.

Mike Kay
PS: Round here, we are discouraged from making moral judgements on our
users. Shame really.