ANNOUNCEMENT: XMLwriter 1.0 is Released

Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: XMLwriter 1.0 is Released
From: "Chris Howard" <ch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:06:49 +1100
Fellow XSL Junkies,

Wattle Software is pleased to announce the release of XMLwriter 1.0 - a
major upgrade from our previous beta version. A special thanks to all of the
beta testers and people who sent us their feedback in response to our very
popular "wishlist".

You can download the new version from http://XMLwriter.net/download.html for
Windows 9x/NT/2000.

One of the major new features included in XMLwriter 1.0 is User Tools. User
Tools allows you to run external applications from within XMLwriter. No
longer are you limited to IE5's support of the XML standards! For example,
using User Tools, you can use IBM's XML4C parser to validate your XML
documents, or LotusXSL to convert your XML documents using XSL. Each User
Tool you configure is displayed on the Tools menu and toolbar for quick
access. You can optionally capture the output generated by User Tools within
XMLwriter's Tool View, or in a new document. There are a lot of XML tools
out there, so we've created a User Tools help page on our website to get you
started (see http://XMLwriter.net/user_tools/user_tools.html )

Other new features include:

-External file modification detection
-Syntax colouring of new file extensions
-Customisable file filters
-Line-wrapping option when loading files
-Automatic validation on open/save
-Create and save new document templates
-Optionally create backups on save
and more (see http://XMLwriter.net/features.html )

For a list of bugs fixed from XMLwriter 1.0 Beta see
http://XMLwriter.net/fixes_1_0_beta.html .

We hope you enjoy this release version and we look forward to hearing from
you! Please send your feedback to yoursay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards,