Re: Can you help with this?

Subject: Re: Can you help with this?
From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 18:46:55 +0800
Either I don't understand you, or you don't understand XML/XSL.

XSL is the "template" that takes the well-formed XML data and can process it to
become HTML.
If you have SQL queries returning different column names (for instance), they
should still be described as a limited number of DTDs (possibly 1) and
the XSL stylesheet can be designed to handle it/them.
AFAIK, there are no automatic XSL generators, and I don't believe we will see
an HTML->XSL code generator ever, due to HTMLs weak standard and coherence to
rules. Coding is unfortunately necessary.

I would recommend you to take a look at Cocoon (xml.apache.org), which is a
serverside XML/XSL publishing engine. Included there is a SQLProducer, which
allows for dynamic content to be produced, and the result set can be processed
by a XSL Stylesheet into HTML.

But, maybe I misunderstood you completely...

Niclas