XSL iteration

Subject: XSL iteration
From: "Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM" <steven.livingstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:56:59 -0000
Can someone tell me if it is possible to do this in XSLT (and how to do it
please.)

I want to define my own iteration independent of the XML document which
iterates from 0 to 10.
I then want to iterate through a series of childnodes and return true when a
value of the above iteration matches a value in these childnodes attribute
called id.

So the following is how the loop would start in javascript

for (i=0;i=10;i++)
	for (j=0;j=nodes.length;j++)

and this is the XSL which works for a particular node - but of course this
needs to test against i (it currently just checks for blanks).

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="@id[. $eq$ '']">-</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="@id" /></xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

Any ideas?

Cheers
Steven

Steven Livingstone - http://www.deltabiz.com
07771 957 280 or +447771957280

Professional Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Professional Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505