ANNOUNCE: XML Query Engine

Subject: ANNOUNCE: XML Query Engine
From: Howard Katz <howardk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:00:44 -0800
I'm pleased to announce XML Query Engine, a JavaBean component that can index
single or multiple well-formed XML documents using any SAX-based parser. Users
can pose full-text queries against the resulting index using XQL. Index speed is
quite reasonable for small- to medium-size repositories, in the neighborhood of
45 to 50,000 words per second on a 466 Windows machine. (That drops to about
20,000 words per second on my 166 laptop.)  I've added several minor extensions
to XQL to allow for full-text query capability.

The software is in alpha and will be available once I've returned the week after
next from XML'99 in Philadelphia. I'll be demoing in the "New Technology
Nursery" area on the exhibit floor. Call me on my cell phone (below) if you're
there and want to see a demo.

Details on XQL Query Engine and how to obtain it are available on my website at
http://www.fatdog.com.

Regards,

Howard Katz
Fatdog Software