Re: XSLT-Based Websites

Subject: Re: XSLT-Based Websites
From: "Duane Nickull" <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:53:56 -0800
> One of the things I envisaged when adding basic SVG support to FOP was the
> ability to do things like dynamically draw graphs from XML data using
XSLT.

> James Tauber

This could also be exciting if you placed a user interface which could
transform any numerical data to SVG based graphs.  XLink may be the missing
ingredient there.

We are also excited becuase www.goxml.com can index the SVG source code.
This makes it technically possible for someone to find a graphic via  the
XML Search Engine.  The ability to transform the raw numerical data to
graphs means a seperate search channel could be provided for retrieving this
data in a highly graphical format.   I haven;t got a chance to talk to Chris
personally yet but I intend to bring this up.

Duane Nickull