Re: Standardizing HTML look-and-feel in XSL (named templates)

Subject: Re: Standardizing HTML look-and-feel in XSL (named templates)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:21:40 GMT

<xsl:template match="NAME">
   <xsl:call-template name="TABLE_CELL">
      <xsl:call-template name="BOLD"/>
   </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

That inner call-template is a syntax error.
If you want to pass information to a named template, declare a parameter
to the template and then use xsl:with-param to pass the value of the
BOLD template to the TABLE_CELL template.

>  Am I thinking about this problem the wrong way?

Probably:-) Hard to tell from your description.

Since you aren't using FO, another way to get
> so that I can change the BGCOLOR attribute in it and have the change
> apply throughout.
of course is to use css styling.

Also are you sure you want to be using
      <xsl:value-of select="."/>

rather than apply-templates ? Using value-of just gets you the character
data, so if there is any xml markup in the content of the current
element then that won't get converted to html.

David